I'd never heard of "8 Things Meme" until this morning, when Gregory K. swept me into the game (oh, the things people will do to play on the internet!). Here are the rules:
Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
So, for all of you who are just dying to learn some tidbit factoid about me (and I know there are tens, perhaps teens of you), here you go:
1. I've hiked from Yosemite National Park to Mt. Whitney in one trip (5 weeks), and of course, kept a daily journal.
2. I once knocked out a 2nd Degree Black Belt at a Women's Self-Defense Seminar (this was before I took any TKD lessons).
3. I hate math. Just seeing math problems makes my stomach "go acrobatic."
4. I kiss cats (but not stranger cats, just those in my family).
5. Dinosaurs fascinate me.
6. I have a stuffed monkey who screams and whoops when I squeeze his paw. I only squeeze it when I get a contract offer. He's a good luck charm from my husband.
7. My favorite time of day to write is between 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM, in my dimly lit office, with a cup of hot coffee in front of me and my cats snoozing away nearby.
8. I can cook one mean Thanksgiving dinner. Rachael Ray, watch out!
Okay, here's the hard part--hmm...which friends do I want to list? I hate doing these kinds of things, which is why you should never send me a chain letter (another fact to know about me). Let's tag (see how I made it plural, incorporating readers into it, like it's beyond my control), Robin and Mary at Shrinking Violets Promotion, and of course, Greg Trine (AKA, Melvin Beederman), and Kristen Kofsky (who just recently started her blog--welcome, Kristen!). That's only four, but oh well!