Thursday, March 22, 2007

Five Things That Give Me Goosebumps

1. Creepy movies--not gorey, chop up the stupid teenagers, don't-go-in-there-alone movies, but the creepy kind that pull you in then BAM! Make you jump out of your seat (i.e., "What Lies Beneath" with Harrison Ford).

2. Hearing Yanni live in concert. His music makes causes me to "chair dance," "aisle dance," cry, laugh and definitely gives me goosebumps.

3. Sleeping at 10 below zero in the mountains. 'Nuf said.

4. Reading authors like Richard Peck and Graham Salisbury.

5. Getting an email message from my Random House editor (a phenomenal editor, BTW) telling me that my easy reader, Tae Kwon Do! has been named one of The Best Children’s Books of the Year for 2007 by the Children’s Book Committee at the Bank Street College of Education. Hearing that news (only my second "list" ever) not only gave me goosebumps, it made me do a little chair dance as well :-).