Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Oh, What a Conference It Was!


I'm pooped. Yup, that's about all this little "wordsmith" can come up with to describe how I'm feeling right now. The conference was a blast, as usual, filled with sharing of great information, meetings of like-minded folks, and general merriment. Which is why my mind is pure mush right now. Yes, my mind is like that which filled that very famous bowl in Goodnight, Moon.

I'll post a bit more on the conference later, but for now I wanted to post some other info. As the Kern County assistant coordinator on the Ventura/Santa Barbara SCBWI regional board (man, that's a mouthful), I wanted to share some upcoming SCBWI events in Kern County, CA.

Sept. 8, 2007: 10:00 AM. Critiquenic in Bakersfield, CA. Russo's Books at The Marketplace (9000 Ming Ave.). Free to members, $5 to non-members.

Jan. 12, 2008: 10:00 AM. Critiquenic in Bakersfield, CA. Russo's Books at The Marketplace (9000 Ming Ave.). Free to members, $5 to non-members.

March 29, 2008: What Mother Goose Can Teach Us About Poetry. Workshop in Bakersfield, CA, featuring children's author Ann Whitford Paul. 9:30 AM-4:30 PM. $50 members, $60 non-members.

For details on the events above, or additional info regarding other writing/illustrating events in the V/SB region, click here.